Threaded (Screwed) flange is similar to the Slip-On flange
, but the bore is threaded. Its chief merit is that it can be assembled withour welding, explaining its use in low pressure services at ordinary atmospheric temperatures, and in highly explosive areas where welding create a hazard.
Types of Screwed Flanges
The various types of threaded flanges are as follows:
- Plain Threaded Flanges
- Female Threaded Flanges
- Male Threaded Flanges
Standards, Dimensions & Weight
Threaded Flanges can be used in very high pressure services and their major advantage is that they can be assembled without welding.
. ASME/ANSI B16.5 Class 150 TH
. ASME/ANSI B16.5 Class 300 TH
. ASME/ANSI B16.5 Class 600 TH
. ASME/ANSI B16.5 Class 900 TH
. DIN 2565 PN6
. DIN 2566 PN10
Uses of threaded flanges :
Threaded flanges are threaded in the bore which match an external thread on the pipe. Threaded flanges are used with pipes that have external threads. The benefit of these flanges is that it can be attached without welding.
- Threaded flanges can be fitted to pipes of various sizes without welding and this is one chief benefit for which these flanges are highly demanded.
- They can be used in extremely high pressure applications, particularly at or near atmospheric temperature, where the necessary post weld heat treatment is not possible.
- They are ideal for small diameter piping applications.
- They are economical and time saving devices.
- These threaded flanges are normally designed for non-cyclic applications.
- The flanges are suitable to be used in applications where welding is hazardous.
- They can be used in highly explosive areas.
Details of Threaded flange
They are the special type of pipe flanges which can be attached to the pipe without welding.
1. Threaded flange 2. Thread 3. Pipe or Fitting
Threaded flanges are often used for small diameter, high pressure requirements. thread flanges with a hub have published specifications that range from 1/2″ thru 24″.
Pressure class: Class 150 to Class 2,500, PN 2.5 to PN 250
Facing: RF / RTJ
Cabon steel: A105, A350 LF2
Stainless steel: A182 F304/F304L/F316/F316L/F321
Alloy steel: F11, F12
Threaded Flanges, TH Flanges, Plain threaded flanges, Female threaded flanges, Male threaded flanges
Packing: plywood case and plywood pallet